- If you face arrest it is important to remember the following;
- Do not make any comment following your arrest.
- Request a solicitor immediately. This is your right. Provide our details and the police will contact us using our 24 Hour telephone number. You will be allowed initially to speak to one of our solicitors by telephone (usually soon after you arrive at the police station) and thereafter arrangements will be made for the solicitor to attend and advise you throughout the period of your detention.
- Under no circumstances should you speak to the police about the offence, however trivial you may think it is, before you have spoken and seen a solicitor and have been properly advised . Again this is your right. This advice is continuous during the whole period of any detention.
- If you know you are going to be arrested or the authorities have contacted you, contact us and we will advise you accordingly.
- In some cases, families or friends of the detained person contact us following an arrest and request representation. In those cases we will make the appropriate enquiries and confirm the request with the detained person.
Magistrates Department and General Crime
- All criminal cases from road traffic offences to serious crime/ serious fraud start in the magistrates' court.
- We have a dedicated department dealing with proceedings in the magistrates' court and any cases that go up the Crown Court.
For further advice:
Contact our General Crime Team for Advice.
Taking Immediate Steps - Read more